Friday, December 12, 2008

Year End in Perspective


This year has been a very trying time for a lot of people. I have been blessed this year to have my health, my husband, and my family. Looking back at prior years it is hard to forget the start of our family with our original pack, Rocky, Tellie, and Manas. These three ruled our house and our hearts for more than six years. Rocky had been with Will from the beginning of his life and lived to be 16. Telluride was a rescue and we had her for at least six years and she lived to be 12. Manas is still kicking and as grumpy as ever. Losing both Rocky and Tellie so close together made this year even harder for us. Tellie was taken from us suddenly in April on Easter Weekend when a tumor she had ruptured and she was bleeding internally. In February we added a rescue named Breckenridge to our changing pack. Then in April after Tellies death we added another rescue named Starbuck. Penelope had been with us since September of 2007 after I realized I needed a new friend.

So in conclusion I have learned a lot about my love for animals and my love for my husband.

No comments: