Monday, August 10, 2009

Goodbye to Manas


I have had a little time to reflect on the life and times of my chihuahua, Manas. She came to me as a gift when I was in college. I use to take her to class with me in my shirt pocket. All she did was sleep and then I would put her in the grass to potty. She bonded with me and never left my side for 13 years. The last couple years were especially hard because I think I still was not ready to give up on her. She was the most audacious little dog I ever had the pleasure to meet. She could, at times, be annoying. What chihuahua isn't? It has been a long road to what eventually lead to her death. After having breast cancer and going through two surgeries I decided not to put her through anymore. I wonder now if I was doing that for her or for me. I will probably never adopt/buy another chihuahua. She was my one and only.

No comments: