
Since the demise of my marriage my best friend has encouraged me to go out on dates. I have had several dates with a couple of guys and started to remember why I liked being married. Dating is so difficult and I am not sure I am technically ready yet, but I am not going to sit at home and feel miserable while my ex-husband goes on with his life. I figured it could not hurt to go out and have a couple dates. I randomly meet a very nice guy a couple weeks ago and get along with him very well. I try to compare everything about this guy to my ex-husband, but it is really hard when you have been with the same person for so long and that is all you know. I have gone out with him several times and had a very good time. I was actually pleasantly surprised that we had so much in common. After talking to him for quite a while his past kind of follows mine. He has been married twice and now single at the age of 32. I too have been married twice and am now single at the age of 31. I have made the decision to just have fun in my life and try not to take everything and everyone so seriously. He is particularly funny and actually makes me laugh, which I have not done in a long time. He is Mexican which does not really matter, except somehow I feel so comfortable around him, more so than any other guys that I have meet. Being raised in the valley left a particular set of values and I find that those values are mirrored in the same types of people I grew up with. He says that I talk a lot and ask a lot of questions. I have been known for asking too many questions and being too personal, so I am trying to watch that with him. I find myself being not only attracted to his looks, but his personality also. He seems to like hanging out with me and I seem to have a better attitude toward life since having meet him. I never know where life will take me, but I am going to try to meet as many people as I can that will somehow effect my life for the better.


No comments:
Post a Comment